The last thing that anyone wants on any day is a car breakdown or driving a malfunctioning or faulty car. MTS Auto Repair, the most trusted and reputable auto tech near Swampscott MA., knows and understands the hassle this causes..It’s not just the great hassle and stress that causes people to fear a car breakdown on any given day. Another reason is because most people lack the basic knowledge in car repair and preventive maintenance, which is quite understandable..But fortunately for you though, the affordable auto tech near Swampscott MA., MTS Auto Repair, gives you these preventive maintenance tips.This will help you prevent costly car problems and auto repairs every year. You can also save a greater deal amount of time and effort. You can certainly avoid going to the most trusted auto tech near Swampscott MA more often every year Even though MTS Auto Repair might be the most affordable and experienced auto tech near Swampscott MA. Yet that’ll still cost you much time,effort,and hassle having to go there numerous times whenever car problems occur.. Remember the old adage “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
I. Ask all the questions you have whenever you visit the shop like what exactly caused your problem in the first place. Likewise, ask what can you do in order to prevent the same problem from ever happening again in the future.
Every time that you bring your car in for repairs or regular maintenance, ask as many questions about your car. You should ask the most reliable auto tech near Swampscott MA about all of the problems that you have. You should also ask these well-seasoned mechanics from MTS Auto Repair what to do exactly to avoid these problems in the future. Preventing car issues way ahead before they happen is just one great way to save money every year.
II. Regularly check the performance of your car’s radiator.
The main function of your radiator is to ensure exactly the right temperature for your car’s engine at all times. If maintained properly and checked regularly, it will enable your vehicle to operate at maximum potential at all times.
Steps in Checking Your Radiator Fluid Level
1. Park your car on a level surface. Drive your car a short distance. For example, just drive it around the block only. Your goal here is to check your antifreeze or coolant level. Do always follow the example of the most experienced auto tech near Swampscott MA, MTS Auto Repair,. The way these expert auto mechanics do this is they always check the coolant while the engine is cool or lukewarm. They do not check the coolant level.while it’s still hot nor do they do it while it’s still cold. If you may driven your car a longer distance, let the engine cool down for several minutes to hours first.
CAUTION: To avoid injuries, don’t ever leave your engine running while checking the radiator fluid level. Again don’t ever try checking the radiator fluid level when the engine is hot.
2. Look for the radiator cap. The radiator cap is the pressurized cap near the top of your radiator. Newer cars now label the cap. You can check your owner’s manual to find it if your radiator cap isn’t labeled so.
3. You can use a rag over the radiator cap to remove it. To protect you from being scalded, wrap a rag over the radiator cap and remove it. it’s because engine heat from the coolant is being absorbed by the radiator and the overflow caps. Using a rag will definitely protect yourself from getting injured. While simultaneously turning the cap off with your other hand.,place your pointer finger and middle finger from one hand together and press down on the cap. In the event that the system is still pressurized, pressing down on the cap with your 2 hands will help greatly in preventing a coolant burst.
4. Find the cap to your radiator overflow tank and then remove it. Thanks to advances in automotive design. An overflow tank for the radiator fluid can now be found in most modern cars today. When it gets hot, the radiator fluid can then expand into these overflow tanks located beside the radiator tank.. Normally, you should find little fluid in here though, if there are any..
NOTE: If your coolant level is low in the radiator and nearly full in the overflow tank long after the car has been driven, Immediately. take your car in for servicing to the most trusted, affordable auto tech near Swampscott MA, MTS Auto Repair.
5. Check the freezing and boiling point of your coolant. There will be a decline in the ability of your radiator fluid to absorb and dissipate heat over time. Using an antifreeze hydrometer, you can test the freezing and boiling points of your coolant.
TIP: To keep the cooling system in top shape, use a 50/50 mix of coolant and distilled water to flush the cooling system and change coolant once yearly. This will also prevent corrosion and deposit buildup up inside the cooling system.
Keep everything with moving parts lubricated at all times, as they do need grease in order to survive. Poor lubrication can cause a lot of problems such as engine bearing damage and excess heat and sound.
Apply wax at least every six months. .A quality car wax coating will always keep paint looking good and protected.
TIP! When auto repair issues are complicated, however, don’t ever try to diagnose them yourself. Leave them to the “real experts” and seasoned auto tech near Swampscott MA, MTS Auto Repair, Even though we are giving you some basic tips about preventive maintenance and repair, for issues that are more advanced and complicated, it’s always best to leave them in the hands of the most experienced experts. Especially for newer models, what you may think as an easy fix may actually be a difficult one. Therefore. In order to avoid exacerbating your problem and spend more money unnecessarily, , let the real experts do it themselves instead.