These days when prices seem ridiculously high, it would seem too impractical to try to increase your car’s performance. That’s for the very reason that doing so would also mean that you’ll have to spend more.on fuel too. Don’t worry- MTS Auto Repair is giving you ways you can increase your car’s performance cheaply. MTS Auto Repair is one of the most trusted auto shops near Lynn MA. Yes, you can actually increase your car’s performance without having to spend so much more. Why should you trust them? They have more than 25 years of solid experience as one of the most professional auto shops near Lynn MA. MTS Auto Repair is one of the most admired and highly respected auto shops near Lynn MA.
They are now giving you these simple yet effective things that you can do to increase your car’s horsepower. Yes, you can definitely increase your car’s performance, boost your gas mileage, and keep maintenance costs low every year.
Plan a Regular Maintenance Check for Your Car Every Month
We should be thankful to advances in technology and innovations in car designs. Modern cars are built to last up to 30,000 miles without needing a mechanic in auto shops near Lynn MA.
Although this can be a good thing in itself, it also means you have to personally check your car regularly. Doing a routine check on your car doesn’t have to be that hard and can be fun, challenging, and rewarding too. You just need to always carefully check the little things first before they start to become big, expensive problems. That is, if you want to avoid quite expensive automobile maintenance and/or auto repair every year.
1. Check all of the fluids on your car. You can avoid frequently going to a professional mechanic in auto shops near Lynn MA. just for your regular maintenance. You can try to learn checking your car’s fluids on your own. All it takes is just a little desire to learn something new plus a little practice. You always have Google to show you the exact steps, right?
The fluids you need to check regularly are the brake fluid and the radiator fluid, which keeps your engine from overheating. You also need to check the oil that lubricates your car’s moving parts, the air conditioning coolant, and windshield washer fluid. You also need to check the power steering fluid if you have power steering, hydraulic clutch fluid level (if applicable). Last but not the least, you also need to check the automatic transmission fluid level if applicable too.
2. Always check the lights too. Ensure the good working condition of all lights, including your dash lights, headlights, brake lights, back-up lights, and turn signals.
3. Check the tire pressure in all four tires and the spare tire. Everytime you fill up your gas or go to one of these auto shops near Lynn MA., check your tire pressure. This is vital if you want to STAY SAFE all the time at the same time improve your car’s mileage.
4. Review the condition of the tires: Regularly check for uneven wear and the tread depth.
5. Be on the lookout for leaks. Check for wetness under the car and by looking in the engine compartment. That wetness may indicate a leak.
6. Examine all the belts for cracks. Do not forget to check the inside of the belts as well.
7. inspect all the hoses: Check for cracks, leaks, or hoses that are rubbing and may develop a leak.
8. Inspect the battery. Look for signs of corrosion at the cable ends.
How to increase automotive performance
In today’s high gasoline prices, it may seem impractical to consider ways to increase your car’s performance. That is because it’s associated with increased fuel consumption. One of the best in auto shops near Lynn MA, MTS Auto Repair is giving you these cheaper, practical ways to increase horsepower and performance. And the best thing is they do not have to reduce your gas mileage.These are the following:
Remove unnecessary clutter from your car to reduce its weight. Keep your car’s interior free. This is definitely one of the easiest things that you can do right away without spending anything at all. You can make your car as light as possible in order to increase its horsepower right now. Low weight means better acceleration for your car. Therefore, strip your car down as much as possible for optimum performance. You do this by unloading it every time you get home and emptying your trunk except for your spare tire.
Free-flowing Exhaust System Upgrade. Most engines prefer the most free-flowing system. That is, in terms of intake, header and exhaust. It’s a common myth that oversized piping can negatively affect back pressure, resulting in low-end torque and power loss. You can actually increase your horsepower by a measure of five to 10 on some natural aspiration vehicles. You can do that if you upgrade to a high-performance exhaust system. Vehicles with an additional supercharger can even pick up much more.
Upgrade to a high-flow or free-flow aftermarket air filter. One of its major advantages is performance enhancement. To slightly increase your horsepower, it’s good to buy a free-flow air filter that fits your car and install it. It’s not much of a big change. However, it’s a good way to ensure that your vehicle’s performance is at the highest-possible level. Your fuel gets more air to burn with a free or high flow air filter than with a regular filter. A free or high flow air filter allows more air to enter the engine intake system at a specific time. It will result in a better combustion process that leads to actually increase the maximum power and peak torque output of your car.
1. Open the hood.
2. Locate the air filter housing, and then remove it.
3. Unscrew clamps or screws.
Note: Take care to avoid getting any contaminants into the filter housing.
4. Remove and discard the old air filter.
5. Clean the inside of the box with a damp cloth and insert your new, free-flow filter.
Just take note that many aftermarket air filters will actually allow greater passage of particulate matter to pass into the engine and oil filters. That is usually the case especially if improperly maintained, and will also spray oil into the intake. The mass air flow (MAF) sensor on cars can be damaged or destroyed by the oil from the filter. In forced-induction engines the marginal benefit of increased air flow with an aftermarket filter is generally outweighed by the fact that the turbo will supply the requested air.If you’re still unsure how to do any of these exactly, go to one of the best and most affordable auto shops near Lynn MA, MTS Auto Repair.